Thursday, June 16, 2005

What I Did Since I Last Spoke

Monday: Recovered from work, watched Trailer Park Boys. Good show, true blue collar coolness, even if it can get a bit sentimental at times.

Tuesday: Went to work. Didn't work fast enough.

Wednesday: Got a zoot suit jacket for 15 dollars. I like that: I like old clothing, bowling shirts, those times when being a man wasn't about trying to be a man, but about being one of the guys, drinking, then hitting your wife, like in I Love Lucy. I like to think that I've achieved that level of comradery, without the feeling that you're being excluded. Gangster without the violence. Style without sex. Am I making sense?

Saw Batman Begins. On the way home, I went to the most dangerous intersection in town. I've been freaked out about it, because my family's been telling me to be careful about it. There's lightening without rain, and in a bit of melodramatic cosmic fallacy, I think that something dreadful is coming at that intersection. Death by Toyota or Ford or Bavarian Motorwerks.

While I'm going through it, I hear my brother yell, "Aah!" I stop, and reverse out, not thinking that this isn't the best step to avoid death, but rather, DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH AH AH AH!

Then it turns out he was yelling because my lidded ice cream fell while we were taking the turn. I got angry at him.

And I'm still alive. Hurray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home