Saturday, May 21, 2005

Video Game Hubris

Okay, since I've been killing myself with video games, that's what this blog is going to be about. Oh, and about hubris, man's choices, and how God has a sense of irony that's keen-o.

All right, I've been playing Dead or Alive 3. My favorite character is Brad Wong.

I like him for his name - He's a white guy with silver hair with basically no trace of Chinese nature. He's also got an unkempt look, as if he can't grow a beard, but he just doesn't care about shaving. Like yours truly.

Yeah, those are real sexy. But right now, I'm going hermit, and my social life's as dead as disco. But eh, social life'd require work, and I don't feel like working.

I would like sex with a woman, though. Very much.

But anyway, he's cool because he practices the exquisite art of Zian Quan.

Drunken boxing. It's one of those things that nearly redeems all the accountants. Makes us cool. Aesthetic martial art, fun to watch.

Every night, for the past two or three weeks, I've been practicing to get a high score, and get in 1st. I've been practicing in epic battles against my brother with that character. I could never break past 3rd. I've done his training mode (with all 112 of his moves) three or four times.

One time, I switched to another, nearly random character.

I mashed buttons, and, I got in 2nd.

I've resolved never to pay video games again. Of course, I'll probably break it. I'm still a Brad Wong man, after all.

Bonus Points to anyone who can name this song.
You make my heart beat faster!
Vous faites mon battement de coeur plus rapide

1 Comments:

Blogger Benoît Beauvais said...

The Distillers suck.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home