Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Battle With Distraction

I hate writing about writing, but I hate you too, so you're gonna read this.

Okay, my life is a constant battle with distraction. I have to fight to read smart books. Not watch downloaded episodes of Trailer Park Boys. I have to fight to write this blog, or come up with ideas about magic/futuristic societies divided by sex on a planet that's split in half. Not go to websites I've checked for the five billionth time. I have to fight to think about issues that have plagued man since the beginning of time. Not try and look up information on the Wildcats. [Like what I'm doing right now, as I'm writing this blog.]

By the way, now that I'm on the topic of cartoon trivia, there are two cartoons that I remember from my childhood. And by remember, I mean two scenes.

The first one was (I think) a Hanna-Barbera cartoon, in which the Earth is split in half, like it was cut with a knife, when a meteor hits it. It's post-apocalyptic, and that's all I know.

Oh, I figured out that it was Thundarr the Barbarian. Designed by Jack Kirby. I must get this on a t-shirt or some kind of merchandise before I die. This is pure unfiltered nostalgia crack-cocaine, straight from the Afghanistan that was the 80s. I may or may not commit a crime to get this shit.

The second one's theme song ended by showing all these guys in armor falling into some lava.

I was supposed to write more, but I got fixed up in looking up old DiC Entertainment cartoon shows. No more NITS for you.

I lost this battle, and hope I won't lose the war. Against distraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home