Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pray For Me

I signed up for a contest. A story contest. It could either be my big break, or the first step on a journey of failure.

It's a small thing, the City of Heroes online role-playing game. You can submit a story concept, as long as it's 100 words. I was 99, I think.

I signed up because I want to be a comic book writer later in life. Some kids want to be astronauts - that's what I wanted to be.

Now, I've been reading about comic book authors, and apparently all them got their break at my age. So if this works, hurray. If not, no go.

So in the game, there's this zone, Recluse's Victory. Players of super-heroes and supervillains fight for "dimensional anchors." If you win them, they turn the dimension "evil" or "good," depending on if you're a hero or a good guy. Now, these are pillboxes, static objects. But I turned this into a person. Here's my submission, 1 word under the 100 word limit:

Vic lives in Recluse's Victory, and if he chooses to murder the boss who fired him, then evil will dominate that dimension. Vic doesn't know Recluse turned him into a human dimensional anchor. This process is slowly driving Vic insane. He now sees his evil side as a man, "Nick", and his good side as "Paul." Freedom Phalanx and Arachnos fight to influence Vic. Just as Vic is about to shoot his boss, he decides to "kill" Nick instead. However, this kills Vic, because just as men can't be completely good or evil, Vic can't live without Paul or Nick.

Now, if I miscounted, go to hell and suck Hitler's balls while you're down there.

I hope I win. I'll tell you if I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benoît Beauvais said...

I'm not wasting a prayer on that.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home