Friday, May 12, 2006

Inhumanoids


There are a few select images from when I was around 3-5, and one of them was one particular one from the end of the Inhumanoids theme song.

Now, most kids laughed, and played, and had merry sunshine adventures. I watched cartoons, though. From the 80s, all the favourites. I remember these more than any other, which is one of the reasons you shouldn't let your kids watch television, because all they'll remember is television.

Now, the title sequence features all these monsters raising hell, smashing shit. That I could deal with.

Until the last part of the sequence. Keep in mind, I'm very, very young and stupid. I have no cyncism. I have not seen the 5 million or whatever murders a kid sees on TV. I am seeing it in the raw, without the emotional barriers.

And the last part of it featured the characters falling into molten lava, about to be melted, about to die. The monsters have killed them - no escape, no nothing. They were effectively dead.

And I swear, I thought I saw one of them look at the screen, "Why?" These weren't the heroes. The big bad techno heroes had failed. Keep on watching.

And I kept on watching, just waiting for when the heroes were about to die. When would they finally fall into the lava, as prophesied by the opening credits? I knew they were dying. So why didn't they die already? What was that? Them dying freaked me out.

And that freakout kept me watching, I think. The nature of shows like that is not whether or not they're going to win. The excitement comes in whether or not they'll survive. It's, when are they going to die? Is it now? Then? What?

Anyway, that crap scared me. You can download the intro on YouTube. I'd link it there, but I don't know how.

That is all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home