Saturday, November 20, 2004

My Favorite Shirt

A post fulfilling this site's mission statement.

I have a shirt. It's plain black. It is a shirt handed out to employees of Subway. On it, it says, "Try Our New Pepper Chicken." I bought it from a used clothing store.

Now, I like this shirt because it's drenched in irony.

On one level, there is the irony that I have never worked at Subway, and this is contrasted with the implication that I have this shirt after working there, as many young people my age work in the food services industry.

On the second level, the Pepper Chicken Sub does not exist. It was discontinued many years ago. Thus, no one can try it, and even if they could, it would not be considered to be "new." Hence, irony.

On the third level, I have never eaten a Pepper Chicken sub, so I could not recommend that anyone try it.

It's also comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home