Saturday, November 05, 2005

Things You Should Do

I am calling upon you from this blog pulpit to tell you something that I'm not sure you want to hear of if you don't want to hear. I do think you should hear it.

I am going to try something. I am going to try and do something I don't want to do, every day from now on, until it's habit.

For example, today I wrote an e-mail to someone to whom I'm estranged.

Now, I'm not really sure that person will respond. I didn't want to do it, because I knew it was stupid.

But I did it anyway.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call that girl I've been talking about and that I barely know and ask her out, even though she's going to either say yes and give me the run-around, or say no and leave me to my right hand once again.

And then I'm going to do that see if I can do that the day after tomorrow.

Fuck it.

The safest, boring, and ultimately, most imprisoned people do whatever they want day after day.

Don't do what you really want to do. Because what you want to do is boring and sad. I sit on my computer and I watch downloaded programs. That's what I really want to do.

But I'll be brave and do what I don't want to do. I'll do scary things, bad things, make mistakes, fall.

And my life won't be as boring, hopefully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benoît Beauvais said...

Now who would you be estranged from?

But good luck with your ordeal but don't treat her like some pute who is la conquête.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home